The admission to the MCA 3-YEAR (6-SEMESTER) PROGRAM of IGDTUW is on the basis of rank secured in the Common Entrance Test (CET) to be conducted by IGDTUW
- Bachelor’s Degree of a recognized University in any discipline with at least 60% marks in aggregate and must also have passed Mathematics subject (core or elective or functional) at 10+2 level of the CBSE or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto.
- BCA/BIT/BIS of a recognized University of at least three years duration with at least 60% marks in aggregate or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto.
Relaxation in marks for reserved categories
Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL) / Defence Category (CW): 5% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirements. Scheduled Castes (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) / Differently Abled Persons:10% relaxation of marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
The admission to the MCA program of IGDTUW is on the basis of rank secured in the Common Entrance Test (CET) to be conducted by IGDTUW. If the seats remain vacant, applicants having valid NIMCET score shall be considered in the Spot Round subject to meeting the eligibility criteria. 85% of the total seats are reserved for applicants belonging to Delhi Region (Students passing the qualifying examination from recognized University/ College / Institution located within the NCT of Delhi) and 15% of the total seats for applicants belonging to outside Delhi Region.
PATTERN AND MARKING SCHEME
The test of 2-hour duration shall contain 100 Objective Type (Multiple choice questions with four responses i.e. A, B, C, & D) carrying one mark each. Incorrect responses and more than one response is given Zero Mark. There is no negative marking.
|Sr. No.||Subjects||No. of Questions|
• Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
• Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies, and dispersions.
• Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear /quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants, and matrices.
• Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and the intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
• Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution, and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
• Vectors: The position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products, and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
• Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING:
The questions in this section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given.
• Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), the structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and backup devices.
• Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic, and two’s complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics:
Comprehensions, Sentence Correction, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idiomatic Characters.
|1.||Availability of Application Form||Third Week of April|
|2.||Availability of Admit Card||Last Week of June|
|3.||Date of the Exam||First Week of July|
|4.||Declaration of the result||Second Week of July|
For more information and Registration Contact- @9216761001, 8837643612
For Submitting your details online, Click here