The Competent Authority shall conduct the Online MAH- MCA-CET for admission to first year / direct second year (separate division & lateral entry) of three year full time post graduate degree course in Master of Computer Applications (MCA). The admissions to the following institutes will be based on the score of CET, provided they are approved & recognized by Government of Maharashtra and are affiliated to any of the Non- Agricultural University in Maharashtra State.
- All Government/ Government Aided Institutes offering MCA course
- All University Departments offering MCA course
- University Managed Institutes offering MCA course
- All Un-Aided MCA Institutes covered as per the Act
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPEARING TO ONLINE MAH-MCA-CET
The candidate should fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed minimum three year duration Bachelor’s Degree awarded by University recognized by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent (at least 45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only);
- Studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at Graduate level examination;
- For Direct second year admissions, the candidate should have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Information Technology or Computer Science);
(Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET)
MAH-MCA-CET shall be conducted only in the ONLINE mode in multiple sessions if required in last week of March.
SYLLABUS AND MARKING SCHEME FOR MAH-MCA-CET
The Online CET would be comprised of four sections viz Mathematics and Statistics, Logical/ Abstract reasoning, English comprehension and verbal ability and Computer Concepts of total 200 marks with composite time of 90 minutes duration.
Mathematics and Statistics:
The question paper will cover the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12th Standard).
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid-point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings.
- Mensuration: Areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
Logical/ Abstract Reasoning:
This shall include the questions to measures how quickly and logically you can think. This section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage. This test shall check the problem solving capability of the candidate.
English comprehension and verbal ability:
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidate’s general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the topics such as Basic English grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, synonyms antonyms, sentence correction, word & phrases, jumbled paragraph.
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I/O devices, interrupts.
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Computer Programming in C.
- Operating System basics
MARKING SCHEME AND DURATION
|Sr. No.||Section||No. of
|Marks per Question||Maximum
|3.||English comprehension and verbal ability||20||2||40|
The test will comprise of multiple choice objective type questions (Four options).
Each correct answer will carry 2 marks.
Each wrong answer will carry 0.5 negative marks.
Unanswered questions will carry zero marks.
Test Duration: 90 Minutes
Medium of CET: English
Mode of Examination: Online
|1.||Online Registration for MAH-MCA CET 2020 on the website||Till Feb|
|2.||Issue of Hall Ticket||Second Week of March|
|3.||Date of the Exam||Last Week of March|
|4.||Declaration of the result||Mid April|